Good Morning everyone, I hope that you have a lovely Monday today. Okay, first up lets talk about Fashion week. I know that every blogger you follow are talking about it, so it's only fair that I do the same (I mean I am a blogger right?).
- 10 Crosby Derek Lam, Derek definitely tapped into his customers natural side with organic fabrics and a predominantly neutral color platte. You saw a lot of loose wrapped around dresses and wide leg trousers, oh and favorite was the sweater crop top over the leather overalls. Why didn't anyone else think of that, bravo Derek!
- BCBG Max Azria, I mean Lubov and Max Azria knew exactly what we wanted, what more can I say; Black, white, crop, relaxed, prints, leather vest, I mean I can just go on about this collection. I love how uneven they made certain pieces look, its like they had an angry women cut off everything that didn't fit her and recreate it in a way that will (am I wrong)? I'm just excited the B&W trend lives on for next spring/summer well done Lubov and Max, I love you.
- Lacoste, who wants to play a game of tennis while looking fashionable? Anyone? Felipe Oliveira Baptista's reinforce a very clever celebration of all things tennis. A suede shift with dropped waist and pert side pleats smartly adapted a classic tennis dress. Let's not even talk about the lace black mini with those sneakers! (okay lets) I mean is Baptista a genius or what? Even though we had the whole Birkenstocks with trousers, skirts and dress trend, whats better than sneakers!?! What to look and feel sexy/comfy than lets do just that with a nice short dress and maybe a pair of New Balances or Nikes :)
- Diane von Furstenberg, besides her dancing down her own runway and having Ms.Naomi Campbell bless that runway made that show worth watching, Ms.Furstenberg knows everything about how much a women needs to feel and look sexy, but of course we all know that. It's not a surprise we saw such amazing prints and color. Not into colors (like me) don't worry she also had some B&W prints there for us to enjoy.
- Victoria Beckham, I knew there was a reason as to why I was extremely smitten by her, and well its because she's such an amazing designer. Once again thank god the B&W trend lives on. When she first started it was all about shape she wanted women to be able to show off their figures like a Marilyn Monroe replica, but after seeing her collection yesterday that word"shape" flew right out the window; Rounded jackets, ruffle-hem, A-line tunics; and full, cropped trousers that were clean and sharp. The midi-skirts she did last season were replaced by apron minis, the diagonal hem on top revealing a spray of pleats below. I mean she made sure we had to show off our legs for next season. Amazing work Ms.Beckham well done.
- Tibi, Amy Smilovic did exactly what she said for her collection "This is the culmination of things. We've been stripping the clothes back to make them clean and minimal, and now that this platform has been set, we added on to it and brought in more femininity." I mean need I saw more! Leather, crop tops, wide leg trousers, oversized leather coats, sporty, comfy; the list can just go on. Amazing collection one of my top fives.
- Alexander Wang, ah yes I saved the best for last. F-U-N !! thats exactly what his collection screams; from the parental Advisory crop top all the way to him putting his name across the clothes. Translating the bold block letters of his logo into lace, jacquards, and stamped leather was a cocky move, Genius or gimmick? Button-downs unbuttoned up-to-their over boxers were no less cheeky. Also, if you thought the midriff was a once-and-done thing, think again. Now that he's got the Balenciaga thing going in Paris, this collection felt like a move on Wang's part to reconnect with the street.